Making Movies

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

The Bedford Stuyvesant House Tour, was wonderful.  I met great people, saw beautiful homes and ran into old friends.  I wasn't able to take photos (rules, rules, rules), but I still took away the gorgeous interiors of a centuries old neighborhood. 


You first get your book for the tour at the Boys High School which is now Brooklyn Academy High School on Putnam and Madison.  Then you walk, ride, drive, and get going there are 11 stops and each stop takes time.  


I am glad I went early, at the first house I got a free cupcake.  That was the icing on the cake of a lovely home.
There is a home that stood out for me, the home of Malene Barnett stood out like a beacon of light.  It was gutted and then she went to work at creating a space that sings in her voice.  It was uncluttered but filled with so much style it was bursting at the seams.  Her commitment to her own aesthetic is apparent and will not be challenged.  

malene b custom hand made carpets
 
Now I have inspiration over load!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for mynewoldapartnebt.blogspot.com