Making Movies

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Where People Work/Nancy


 
Nancy is the industry (Fashion Industry that is) staple.  I first met her at Sure Snap when my good friend and designer Sherri Hobson, took me by there to pick up her samples.  Prior to this meeting I had been using a hand tool, a hammer, and a prayer, that my snaps would have a professional look and stay on.  Meeting Nancy was a God send, but in a snap Sure Snap closed.  Now what.  
Nancy is now perched in the window at Steinlauf and Stoller another industry staple that sells sewing supplies.  Her window on the fashion world is located at 239 West 39th Street (between 7th and 8th Ave), New York City.  Sometimes I just stop by and say hello, as many other creatives do.  She knows everyone even if she doesn't know their name, she is always pleasant, professional, and patient.

1 comment:

Ty said...

I miss Sure Snap!!!! Used to love it. I think Nancy is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for mynewoldapartnebt.blogspot.com