Making Movies

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shred Fest 2009

You may or may not have remembered, but my shredder broke (November 19th). This has reeked havoc in my cleaning process, however I have continued on. I even tried the put the paper in a solution of bleach and water, for the paper to break down. Then ball it up and let it dry out then you can throw it away. Let's just say, this does not work. Which left me to just collect and ask friends with shredders to take small bags and pleeeeeeeeease can you shred a little at a time for me. Again this is not a solution.
About a week ago I got an email newsletter from from a friend who forwarded me the Harlem Needle Arts newsletter, which included the Shred Fest info. This was the 2nd year that NYC Shred Fest. I could hardly contain myself. I looked on the website to see who, what, and where. There were 3 choices in Brooklyn, I chose Prospect Park.
Even though it rained Sunday May 3rd I packed up a big box with papers, statements, and all this other stuff.

I didn't know if there were going to be a row of office shredders, thank God there was a big truck to dump all the contents into.


I could even watch on the screen, to wave bye bye to the crap.


That's a load off, Hallelujah I'm jumping for joy.

I don't want to say "I can't wait for next year" because the point is not to have so much crap in my life. I am working to create a simpler more creative lifestyle, but just in case I fall off the wagon, I can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for mynewoldapartnebt.blogspot.com