Making Movies

Monday, December 23, 2013

My Annual Christmas Walk 2013




New York City has a rich history with their Christmas windows.  I can't remember when I didn't go down 5th Ave in December and enjoyed the animated figures accompanied with music.  Christmas window display has a rich history and blossomed from the late 1800's (check out The History of Department Store Holiday Window Display).  

For the past 2 years I have taken photos and created a slide show of my walk. I thought would do the walk in a few days, starting out at Union Square to see the ABC Home and Carpet, then take the other part of the walk, another day. But I was motivated by the Holiday Season.  I did the whole ride, from Union Square to 34th Street then all the way to up Bloomingdales at 60th Street and Lexington Ave.  

At the end of the day, my legs were killing me, my back hurt and I had over 800 photos.....Thank God for the digital age.

Here is my Christmas in NY 2013 video.......well edited. 

on Vimeo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for mynewoldapartnebt.blogspot.com