Making Movies

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Three Kings Day

Harlem Kings
I took this photo years ago in Harlem for a photography class I was taking at City College in the late 70's.  That was the days of film, dark rooms, setting f tops and focus focus focus.  After the I developed the photo I always thought it would be a Christmas card that these boys would be labeled KINGS. 

I learned about this celebration when I lived in Puerto Rico and on January 5th children left grass and water for the camels.  Known as 'El Dia de Reyes' (Three Kings Day), this holiday represents the height of the Christmas season. The date marks the culmination of the twelve days of Christmas and commemorates the three wise men who traveled from afar, bearing gifts for the infant baby JesusGifts are exchanged on January 6th.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for mynewoldapartnebt.blogspot.com